Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grolsch

The beer comes from the Netherlands. I've seen it before, and I think its bottle is semi-famous. It comes in a 450mL green beugel-style bottle with 5% alcohol/vol. Very retro.

It opened with a loud "pop", and released an aroma of hops into the room. A really neat effect. Upon pouring, it formed a long-lasting thick head. Lots of small buggles floated up from the glass. It also has a beautiful dark golden colour.

The first sip was phenomenal. I truly can't say enough about this beer. It has a full flavour that is hard to describe. Malty and hoppy at the same time. Almost no aftertaste. I thoroughly enjoyed this beer. The only thing bad about it is that it goes down so easy, you're done before you know it. I'm placing it near the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment