Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fischer Tradition Amber

Since today isn't one of my "regular" days, I feel free to sample any beer I want. Today's beer is French. It appears to be an amber ale judging by the label. It has 6% alcohol/vol, and comes in a whopping 1 pint, 6 oz brown bottle. The reason I bought this beer when I was in Grand Forks is because of the beugel top. I figured at the very least I could re-use the bottle with my homebrew.

Opening the bottle, it didn't "pop" as Grolsch does. It instead let out a huge "pfffft". The aroma is mostly malty. When poured, the name on the label did not lie. The beer was in fact amber. There was no head at all, and only a few large bubbles came up. The aroma was still mostly malty, with a hint of flowery hops.

The first sip was so-so. The flavour comes and goes very quickly, with a very carbonated mouthfeel. There is a very strong aftertaste reminiscent of soda water. This beer grew on me. I eventually got used to its subtle tones, and I enjoyed it. It's nowhere near the top of my list of beers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment