Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Half Pints Bulldog Amber Ale

The label on today's beer claims "Nutty caramel malts and a hoppy aroma". I'm already intrigued. It comes in a 341mL industry standard brown bottle, and has 5.4% alcohol/vol. The label also shows it has 20 IBUs.

When I opened the bottle, I could smell the malt. Where were the hops? The beer poured an amber colour, as advertised. A small head formed, and was supported by a few large bubbles. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long. When I smelled the beer after pouring, the malt was almost completely gone and I could detect a bit of hops.

The first sip was very malty. There was a slight bitter aftertaste. The beer had a relatively soft feel in the mouth. There was definitely a caramel-like quality to the beer. However, I failed to notice any nuttiness. A decent beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment