Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Unibroue Trois Pistoles

My friend Ange will be happy to know I've finally gotten around to trying this beer.  It comes in the standard (for Unibroue, anyway) 750mL brown bottle with a cork top.  It has 9% alcohol/vol, and has a synopsis of the legend depicted on the front label (some of the best artwork I've seen on a beer label), on the back label.

When opened, I was presented with nearly the same aroma that La Fin Du Monde has: spicy, but slightly fruitier.  The beer poured an opaque dark brown, with lots of small bubbles to support an enormous head.  The spiciness was nearly gone, and the fruitiness shone through.

The first sip was disappointing.  The only things that differentiates this from La Fin Du Monde are the colour and aroma.  The taste was identical.  The beer had a medium feel in the mouth, and there was a slight warmth from the alcohol.  As much as I'd love to love Unibroue's beers, I have been repeatedly disappointed by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment